Friday, June 02, 2006

Version 2.3.1

I've recently released a minor update for version 2.3. The big news in this update is that the alarm window displays the current song information. When an alarm goes off, it alternates back and forth between displaying keyboard information (such as "Press any key to snooze, Press enter to stop") and song information (such as "Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson") It switches back and forth every 10 seconds just like iTunes, and also like iTunes, you can click the text to manually switch between the two whenever you want. So if you've ever woken up to a random song in a playlist that you didn't know what it was, no longer will you be frustrated all morning trying to figure it out.

Also, a while back I added functionality to the apple remote. Users with an apple remote can go to the next and previous songs in a playlist. Well I figured that remote users shouldn't get to have all the fun, so I also implemented this functionality right in the alarm window. When using a playlist, there are now "<" and ">" buttons which will go to the previous and next songs respectively.

I also added icons to the playlist menu. So at a glance you can tell which playlists are smart playlists, or folders, or regular playlists, etc. I also sort the playlist menu just like iTunes does, so smart playlists will always be above regular playlists, and such. This makes it much easier to find the playlist you're looking for. This feature, like the one above it, were planned for version 2.3, but I got so excited after I finished the timer and stopwatch, I decided to release early.

And of course there are some bug fixes. All of them had to do with the timer and the stopwatch. No bug fixes for any part of the alarm system because... well... I haven't had any bug reports in a long time! :)

In version 2.3, timer window location and window size are saved, and restored when you open a new timer window. (Same for stopwatch) The big problem that I had to fix was that it didn't check to make sure the position was actually on the screen! So if you sometimes use multiple monitors, and then switch to just one, and your last timer location was on your secondary monitor, then the window would be offscreen with no way to move it! Oops! Thanks to Luke for alerting me to the problem. It should now be resolved. Hopefully this didn't affect you. If it did, my apologies.

1 comment:

Yokhim said...

Oh, bless you buddy! On longer I will live with anguish the whole morning till I locate that song!