Saturday, July 15, 2006

Version 2.3.3 released

Version 2.3.3 was recently released. This version adds the Polish and Finnish localizations mentioned earlier. It also has the following fixes and additions:

1. There was previously a problem with disabled alarms becoming out of order in the menu. What would happen is that when an alarm became enabled, it's internal time wasn't being properly updated, and thus it would float to the top of the menu and stay there. Also, disabled one-time alarms wouldn't be deleted until they were enabled. All this should be fixed. It wouldn't have caused any problems with alarms, but it was an annoyance.

2. The alarm window (as you know) switches between the song information and the keyboard information every 10 seconds (similar to iTunes). But I noticed that iTunes resets the display automatically when a new song starts. Well the alarm window wasn't doing this, so I implemented this funtionality. When a new song starts (and you're using a playlist) the alarm window automatically switches back to displaying the song information.

3. I recently had an annoyance with the application that I decided I needed to fix straight away. I had my alarm set with easy wake recently. The alarm went off, and gradually increased the volume until it woke me up. I got up, hit snooze and went back to bed. But then, about a minute later, I received mail and the mail app loudly played my "You've got Mail" sound, which woke me up because the volume was still at the same level as when I hit snooze on the alarm clock. So now, if you're using easy wake, after you hit snooze, the system volume is immediately reset to your starting volume so that random computer noises don't disturb your snooze time.

I often wonder if my competitors are reading this blog...

If so, this is to one of my competitors:
Check out line 90 of MyPMSetter.m - I think you might be missing a corresponding AuthorizationFree call.

No comments: