Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Version 2.3.8 released

For those people who use a 12 hour clock with AM/PM, it is rather common to set the time and forget to double-check the AM/PM symbol. I'll bet just about everyone has done it once. Well I did it the other day, and I was pissed off. It's pretty easy to do on a normal alarm clock. But I use a $2000 alarm clock, so it should be a little smarter than that. So here's what I came up with:



When the time is between 6AM and 6PM you'll see the sun icon. Because it's generally light during these times. At other times you'll see the moon icon. It makes it a lot harder to screw up a morning alarm. And for those people that use a 24-hour clock, and don't have to deal with these problems, the icon is hidden.

Also, many people have asked that they be able to put timers and stopwatch windows above all other windows. So I've added an "always on top" option. Also, the timer will now include an option that allows one to say, "when this timer goes off, sound the alarm at the same volume that I have configured my normal (non easy wake) alarms to go off". The option is called "Use alarm volume"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work! I like the way you've setup 24/12 time and the icon being black when nothing is set makes it appear very professional.

Couple of things I'd like to see.

Work w/ the focus. If you're typing and the alarm comes up you have to interact w/ alarm clock. Maybe hotkeys instead of any key?

The second, remember position of window would be nice.

I mean, this thing is great!

Finally, movie tracks can currently be selected, but you end up w/ the default alarm. Purchased tracks appear to work fine (hmmn..nice)..so maybe filter 'protected' 'video' or even just 'video' (haven't tested that one. Since on in front row you can play the audio of a video file by accessing it through the music section)...

OK done w/ that.

This app is incredible in it's simplicity, ease of use, and presentation. Great job.

Please please keep up the good work.

Thanks
-mr too lazy to get a blogger account.

Anonymous said...

Your software just gets better and better.

This must be The Best alarm clock I have ever used.

I'm only worried that i shut the lid one night. But i do understand this is out of your control.

I would not be surprised if apple made you a cash offer and bought the software to distribute with OSX - like the flip album thing in itunes.

Very well done and keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Solid release, but I'd love to see this able to work with Front Row. I hope to see this functionality in future releases!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that the latest Apple firmware upgrade seems to enable waking up your Mac with the lid closed -- pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Nice work... Keep it up! Front Row support would be great!

Anonymous said...

This is the best mac alarm clock that I have ever used so far. One more functionality that I would like to see in future release is to add reminder message with alarm.

Great stuff and nice job done!

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible to adjust the kill time minimum down to 30 seconds or 1 minute?

15 minutes is a long time to annoy your work colleagues if you are away from your desk!

Great software! Keep up the good work!

Ed

deepstructure said...

wait a minute...did you say you use a $2000 alarm clock?? oh, you mean your computer. for a moment there i was a little worried about your sanity.

Jon Claerbout said...

I'd like to turn off the alarm clock when I leave early so as not to annoy other people.

I'd also like alarm clock to load whenever I reboot.

Unknown said...

I love your alarm for my Mac. Can you please make one for my iPad? Steve forgot to add that feature - which is already on my iPhone!

David said...

Hmm; my box is set for 24H time but Alarm Clock is still AM/PM.

Unknown said...

your blog looks great. i agree with you. all the information in right manner ; Alarm is one of the best thing for awareness. it gives the full attention for home.
if the alarm system is best than no problem.